The Fish Bowl

I love small dogs and the artificial flavor watermelon. Sometimes when i get really nervous i poop on my roomates pillow. "You made your big gay bed, and now you must sleep gaily in it" - Three To Tango This link kills spam

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Trans-Siberian

So, today, for Erin's Christmas present, I took her with a couple brothers to see trans-siberian orchestra. We then went out to dinner at a fancy restaurante.

Let's get a couple things straight before I continue...

I made a few slight assumptions :

* It is universally accepted that Trans-Siberian Orchestra plays good music with a fantastic show

* Girls like Trans-Siberian Orchestra

* Trans-Siberian Orchestra tickets would be a good christmas present...


I am DEAD wrong.

So we go see the show, it was actually pretty good, I am not a gigantic fan of Trans-Siberian Orchestra, but I figured she would like it so I gave it a shot and was pleasantly surprised. However, I was late picking up Erin, Paul and Erin so we got there just in time... Brian was pissed and so was everybody else.

We went to dinner at this place in Oregon that was supposed to be really good. It wasn't bad, but hardly worth the money. I could have gotten the same quality of meat and service from Applebees for about 20 bucks cheaper, but whatever.

Then we went to Brians place for a few drinks and chillin time afterwards...

Doesn't sound too bad right?

Well I was kinda wrong.

Erin strongly dislikes Trans-Siberian orchestra. Hardly makes for a good christmas present. I probably would have been better off buying her a box of shit, at least then it would have cost less for her to be dissapointed.

Dinner really was that bad, I mean it was filet so it is hard for it to suck entirely but it really wasn't that great.

So that christmas present sucked.

To top it all off, she really really didn't want to be at Brian's, and I just didn't get that memo.

So all in all it was a pretty crappy day for Erin. I had a decent time though, for her christmas present.

That being said, HOW MUCH WORSE OF A BOYFRIEND COULD I BE!!! This is why I think I had such a hard time with sustaining relationships before, i just don't get it. I am really that dumb, I can't pick up on simple hints. Even obvious ones. She had freakin' told me that she was sick of Trans-Siberian Orchestra, but she said it would be fun and i took her word for it. I don't even know what to do to make it right.

Ugh, this sucks, you know maybe she is better off with another guy... any guy for that matter. Anybody with sense in their brain would have given her a much cooler christmas present, one she actually wants. I thought i was being cool, but i have no idea what cool is. It is awefully hard to be positive when it seems like at every turn I am disappointing her. And it aslo doesn't help her best friend hates me. So now Erin is gonna tell her about her crappy evening adding fuel to the hate Dennis fire.

Surprisingly the pontoon still floats, but I wonder how long will she stay on before swimming herself back to shore.

I know i am just being negative, and it is important to understand i am not asking for sympathy. It is also important to understand that Erin was nothing but grateful for her christmas present even though it sucks, saying it's "the thought that counts" which i think makes it worse, because she can be so understanding about me being such a lutz. How many more times do I need to make a fool of myself, especially since i have been doing it from day one.

I think the reason why I am so scared, is because I really do love this girl, I want to be everything right for her. Whenever i do something, I want it to be the best so at the end of the day she can be proud to be with me.

But who could ever love a beast...

Dennis Lynn

5 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sigh

 
At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

why don't you take a look back and realize how special of a situation you are in. you and that other bitch fucked things up. you say you love this new one very much. so take the fact that she loves you back, and said that she liked the thought and stop complaining- don't fuck things up with this one like you and the other one did. 'nuff said.

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger RemedialBallerina said...

Ahh. That bitch. I see.


Mister anonymous does have a point though, it does appear that you two love eachother very much- at least thats what I gather from your blog.

In the end really, what will a slightly awry night do to a relationship that has the bond of love, anyways? Happiness isn't a concert or an event, but a warm bed with your lover in your arms.


"...I worry I won't see your face
Light up again. Even the best fall down sometimes. Even the wrong words seem to rhyme..."

"...Don't let your life pass you by.
Weep not for the memories..."


Take care.

 
At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dennis... she has no reason to be mad or disappointed in you since she said it would be fun. don't be too hard on yourself... she has a responsibility to tell you what she wants and doesn't want, and if she can't be honest with you or if she can't be blunt enough for you, you can do better.

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

..."i found it inquisitive"???

Take a hint from my buddy Inigo Montoya--"You keep saying this word...I do not think it means what you think it means..."

JuicyFruiter, I looked up 'inquisitive' just to make absolutely sure I knew the definition of such a fairly common word, and what do you know? I was right, and so is Inigo.

To clarify, 'inquisitive' means 'inclined to investigate, eager for knowledge, or simultaneously unduly curious and inquiring.'

Unless you're anthropomorphizing Dennis's blog, your use of the word 'inquisitive' makes absolutely no sense, and there's really no good reason to anthropomorphize this blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home